The Major Gifts Officer will be responsible for fundraising initiatives vis-a-vis existing donors and for creating new relationships between the organization and prospective major donors mostly in Europe but also in Israel. Success in this role will be measured by the funding raised for initiatives defined by the organization.
The position is a full-time on. The organization’s offices are in Holon.
Salary range: 17,000 – 20,000
- Work directly with Head of Partnerships to increase funding and to create major income options
- Cultivate and solicit major donors mostly in Europe but also in Israel – both among the existing donor base and by identifying new prospects
- Oversee grant applications and reports to funders and prospective funders – mostly in English but also in Hebrew
- Plan and lead donor visits and missions
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years’ experience soliciting major gifts for a nonprofit
- Native English speaker with excellent English writing skills
- A good working knowledge of Hebrew
- A good working knowledge of French – and advantage
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships
- Clear, precise and compelling communications skills
- Excellent analytical and creative skills in developing cultivation strategies
- Self-starter with the confidence and maturity needed to join a driven team
- Team player with a hunger to learn and grow
- Able to meet multiple deadlines and work well under pressure
- An academic degree
- Technologically minded, including a variety of skills in Microsoft Office, Salesforce, Asana, etc.
Please submit a CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org