The position is a full time one; the organization’s offices are in NYC (though the position can be a remote one).
WHO WE WANT:
We are seeking a Director of Development who is a proven and dynamic fundraiser with superior management and relationship skills; someone who has demonstrated success building a national fundraising strategy. You’ll be developing, managing and cultivating relationships with existing donors, as well as identifying new prospects. An ability to engage with donors and clearly communicate our organization’s mission is key. The successful candidate will develop relationships through face-to-face solicitations, lead fundraising events and assist CEO in stewarding lay leadership. You’ll be expected to persuade prospects and persevere to the end.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- All fundraising efforts of the organization, reporting directly to the CEO
- Develop and implement a fundraising strategy
- Communicate strategy to board of directors
- Set goals, monitor work, and evaluate results to ensure that organizational objectives and operating requirements are met
- Attend board meetings
- Help our donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with our organization
- Manage existing portfolio of donors and prospects
- Create and implement moves management plans
- Make direct, face-to-face solicitations, assisting board members and other staff with their solicitation
- Acknowledge major donors through public and private recognition
- Track and report progress using specific metrics
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 3 years of fundraising work experience with demonstrated major gift solicitation results.
- Demonstrated experience preparing an annual development work plan and calendar to achieve goals
- Strong collaborative nature and skills as well as the ability to successfully take initiative and work independently as needed.
- Strong history of generating increased funds from individual donors through a coordinated, strategic approach;
- Experience using and measuring best practices in major gift and pipeline development
- Demonstrated success in conducting initial outreach to prospective foundations/donors
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Well-honed oral and written communications as well as public presentation skills
- An ability to multi-task, prioritize, and learn quickly
- Detail-oriented, organized, enthusiastic and energetic
- A deep understanding of the North American Jewish philanthropic landscape and demonstrated commitment to advancing Israel and the Jewish community
- A strong work ethic, ability to maintain and model high personal and professional standards, as well as an outgoing and positive personality
- Israel is in your heart and you have a passion for bettering people’s lives
WHO WE ARE:
Established in 1995, Friends of Israel Scouts (FOIS) works to develop and maintain a meaningful connection between the Tzofim Movement in Israel and North American Jewry. Strong relations are fostered through a wide variety of programs that advance our young participants’ understanding of Israel and their local Jewish community, thereby strengthening their Jewish and Israeli identity.
Interested? Please submit a CV to: email@example.com