The Chief Philanthropy Officer will manage all communications with existing donors and create new relationships between the city of Tel Aviv and the Jewish community in America. Success in this role will be measured by the resources developed for initiatives defined by the city and the Tel Aviv Foundation.
Job Status: Full-Time based in NYC
The Chief Philanthropy Officer of the American Committee for the Tel Aviv Foundation (ACTAF) will be a collaborative and entrepreneurial leader with a deep understanding of and commitment to the mission, values, and goals of the Tel Aviv Foundation. The ideal candidate will be passionate about crafting effective fundraising and relationship-management strategies.
The CPO will provide critical leadership to ACTAF, working closely with its Board and with the Tel Aviv Foundation in Israel. The CPO will be responsible for designing and implementing a comprehensive fundraising and engagement program, and for significantly increasing fundraising outcomes. The role includes responsibility for major gifts and planned giving, stewardship and engagement.
As CPO, You Get To:
- Help our donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with Tel Aviv
- Secure major gifts at the seven-to-eight figure level with the goal of helping TAF ensure it regularly meets or surpasses its US targets
- Coordinate fundraising strategy with the ACTAF Board, and managing board relations
- Track and report progress
- Coordinate visits and meetings in the US for Municipality and Foundation executives
- Manage systems and software to track and cultivate donors and prospects
- Manage staff, volunteers, and interns
- Develop a deep understanding of Tel Aviv’s distinctive attributes and challenges, ensuring the City's story be told in a compelling, passionate, and effective way
This Job Is For You If:
- You’re an outgoing people person who makes donors feel valued
- You’re a self-starter and are driven by results
- Have significant and successful experience in fundraising (with a demonstrated track-record)
- You have a passion for Tel Aviv and the values it embodies
- You have a deep knowledge and ties to the American Jewish world
- You have demonstrated an ability to secure individual and major gifts and meet objectives.
- You have honed your writing and speaking skills and use them to compel individuals to action.
- You are detail-oriented and to follow through on promises.
- People are inspired by you.
About the Tel Aviv Foundation
Chaired by the city’s Mayor, the Tel Aviv Foundation (TAF) partners with donors worldwide to meet the evolving needs of Tel Aviv. Founded in 1977, the Foundation serves as a driver of progress through projects in education, the arts, sports, social services, the environment, as well as groundbreaking urban projects that bolster both the vibrancy and resilience of Israel's global city.
TAF has established more than 600 projects that touch the lives of the city’s 450,000 residents and its more than one million daily visitors and commuters. All funds raised are designated for specific projects and are boosted by the city’s matching funds program. This dollar-for-dollar partnership ensures accountability, promotes co-operation, and considerably strengthens the bond between Tel Aviv and the Jewish world.
About the American Committee for the Tel Aviv Foundation
Founded in 1983, the American Committee for the Tel Aviv Foundation (ACTAF) raises awareness of and support for Tel Aviv – a bastion of democracy, inclusion, and multi-culturalism in Israel. It is a national, not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization headquartered in New York. Through philanthropic leadership across the U.S., it helps TAF recruit support that significantly impacts the quality of life of everyone in Tel Aviv.
Please send your resume to email@example.com