The Major Gifts Officer will be responsible for fundraising initiatives vis-a-vis existing donors and for creating new relationships between the organization and prospective major donors to raise the funds needed to build its new facility in Jerusalem. Success in this role will be measured by the funding raised principally for this initiative, but would also include some programmatic support.
The position is a full-time one. The organization’s offices are in Jerusalem.
Salary range: 16,000 – 20,000
Tsad Kadima provides services to 800 families and children of all ages in four centers across Israel, promoting an educational-rehabilitative approach.
The new facility is designed to become a center for active life in the community and a training apartment in the center of Jerusalem for 60 young people with severe disabilities. Additionally, it will house the organization's head offices and a staff training center.
- Work directly with CEO to increase funding and to create major gifts in support of the new facility and some ongoing funding needs
- Cultivate and solicit major donors worldwide – both among the existing donor base and by identifying new prospects
- Oversee grant applications and reports to funders and prospective funders – mostly in English but also in Hebrew
- Plan and lead donor visits and missions
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years’ experience soliciting major gifts for a nonprofit
- Native English speaker with excellent English writing skills
- A good working knowledge of Hebrew
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships
- Clear, precise and compelling communications skills
- Excellent analytical and creative skills in developing cultivation strategies
- Self-starter with the confidence and maturity needed to join a driven team
- Team player with a hunger to learn and grow
- Able to meet multiple deadlines and work well under pressure
- An academic degree
- Technologically minded, including a variety of skills in Microsoft Office, Salesforce, etc.
Please submit a CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org